PDP based on the competence matrix
Professional development is a concern for everyone, from the greenest of juno to the most experienced heads. Often, we see only two paths — towards automation or management. However, there are far more specialisations available, both within QA itself and beyond.
In my talk, I will explain how to navigate this diversity, drawing on years of experience developing teams across various companies, as well as my personal practice and mentorship.
I will discuss:
- the construction of a Competency Matrix (CM);
- how to create one;
- how to conduct a self-assessment (if you are a specialist) or team assessment (if you are a manager);
- how to develop an Individual Development Plan (IDP) based on the CM, considering both individual and business interests;
- how to track progress for both the employee and their manager;
- how to use the CM and IDP to assess a team's potential and develop not just individual members but the entire team.
After the talk, I'll share a template of the CM. Join us, it will be insightful!